Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2015 APPLICANTS - Please post here

Today received three receipt notices informing that my case has been transferred to Nebraska. It reads "In order to speed up processing, we transferred your case..."

Application Dt.: October 2015
    Biometrics Done: December 2015
    DA Applied: Jan 2016
    Waiting for DA

Quote Originally Posted by jaya View Post
    Today received three receipt notices informing that my case has been transferred to Nebraska. It reads "In order to speed up processing, we transferred your case..."

Application Dt.: October 2015
    Biometrics Done: December 2015
    DA Applied: Jan 2016
    Waiting for DA
    Hi,
    What do u mean by DA applied: jan 2016???
    U visa Application date: March 10, 2015
    Biomatrics Done: April 20, 2015
    RFE August 09, 2018
    Waiting for DA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hussain_ex View Post
    Hi,
    What do u mean by DA applied: jan 2016???
    When I applied I did not know I had to include the additional DA based work permit. So two months later I sent it in with a cover letter and they included it in my file.
    Has anyone else got letters telling them that their case was transferred to Nebraska? What was the reason specified for transferring to Nebraska printed on the Notice of Action?
    Thanks

Application date: September 2015
    Biometrics: October 2015

I got my DA in October 2016 and has been working since, I just renewed my DA it took about a month.

Kimee wu, did you get your EAD with the DA? Have you renewed your EAD as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimee wu View Post
    Application date: September 2015
    Biometrics: October 2015

I got my DA in October 2016 and has been working since, I just renewed my DA it took about a month.
    You got your DA within one year of applying (Oct 2015 and Oct 2016)? That is highly unusual given the backlog of over 70,000 applications in 2016. Did you request for expedited processing based on Medical Emergency or Humanitarian Grounds? That is the only time they will consider your application before others waiting in line, provided you furnish substantial documentation to support your emergency claim. Is that how you got DA within one year of applying?

Correction I meant EAD I just renewed

It was not on humanitarian ground, I have a good lawyer that knows the law, also she sent in all the forms so if I get waitlisted I can get DA while I waited. And there is also a law that states you only wait up to a year or two for DA. She did the work and I got my DA and EAD. I know a lot of people she did that for too.

[QUOTE=jaya;8706]Let us post in this common thread as 2015 applicants for our collective benefit and ease of use; so we do not have to look in multiple threads to find out what's going on!
    Good luck to all!

Applied: February 2018 VSC
    Receipt notices received:
    I-918
    I-765
    And Still waiting

If you applied February 2018 you will be getting either DA in late October 2022 or January 2023. Good luck and have lots of patience tour turn will come