Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: U visa Application date may 29,2015

we are still waiting applied 2014 November

Hello everybody, I have applied U visa in Feb 2018, can I apply for work permit , can anybody tell me when i can apply for work permit. I have heard I can apply for work permit after 1 year of applied time.

Quote Originally Posted by Niraj View Post
    Hello everybody, I have applied U visa in Feb 2018, can I apply for work permit , can anybody tell me when i can apply for work permit. I have heard I can apply for work permit after 1 year of applied time.
    No, not yet, you have to wait until you get DA. Also you should have applied for work permit at the same time of sending your package to USCIS, if not do send it. The rest is wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Niraj View Post

It will take well over 2yrs. Sometimes 3+yrs. You just gotta wait.

Did you hear back anything about your case? I applied August 2015 and nothing up to now. No DA or case transfer 😓 I lost my leg due to the crime.

Hi everyone, I applied outside the USA on May 2015, my Lawyer did not apply for I-765 for me or my derivate and I was just aware of it today when I ask my lawyer to check why I have not received my EAD yet? The answer I received was that they did not applied for the I-765 for me and my derivatives for been out of the USA.
    Can I get some advice from the forum please? I am thinking on applied from the I-765 and the waiver myself because my case is on waiting list to get the U visa and obviously I need the EAD to work as soon as I arrive to the USA.

My information is as follow:

May 2015
    I-765 my lawyer never did
    June 2015: Biometrics
    March 2018: Case transferred to NSC
    July 2019: RFE received (asking for 2 new passport photos)
    August 2019: Sent response to RFE
    November 2019: placed on waiting list until new visas are available USCIS will issue approval notices

Thanks for any advice and pointers, I never realize my lawyer never applied for my work permit and At this point I am not sure what to do.