Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Informational answers please. U-application/RFE/DA (OCT NOV DEC 2014 Applicants)

Nov 12

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    has someone been approved from nov 2014?

quick question for those who were approved in past
    1)I Applied for Ssn Today,just wanna know if i get the regular social security card or the one which says "Valid for work only with dhs authorization"?

2)Can i get the Regular State id and license on behalf of this social security card or something also will be written on that card or any kind of restrictions applied?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhruv Patel View Post
    quick question for those who were approved in past
    1)I Applied for Ssn Today,just wanna know if i get the regular social security card or the one which says "Valid for work only with dhs authorization"?

2)Can i get the Regular State id and license on behalf of this social security card or something also will be written on that card or any kind of restrictions applied?
    Hi Dhru, I can answer based on the state I live in and my personal experience.
    (New York)
    is not the regular SS card, it has " valid for work only with dhs authorization" on it.
    And for the second question, yes you can get a license or ID, it has no restrictions, but it does says you are a "visitor" on it.
    Hope this helps.

Best wishes for you my friend.

Can you leave country as soon when you get work permit?

Quote Originally Posted by madafaka View Post
    work permit has a message on the front bottom that Not valid for reentry to U.S. unless you have applied for a waiver of inadmissibility. You can leave but not come back easily unless allowed for reentry to U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by madafaka View Post

If your question is " can you leave the country as soon as you get your working permit and come back without a problem."

Maybe you should ask an immigration lawyer.

I know no one who has done it, but I was advice not to leave the country until I've had received a green card.
    Laws are changing by the day, we should not risk it.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Sept2014 View Post
    Hi Dhru, I can answer based on the state I live in and my personal experience.
    (New York)
    is not the regular SS card, it has " valid for work only with dhs authorization" on it.
    And for the second question, yes you can get a license or ID, it has no restrictions, but it does says you are a "visitor" on it.
    Hope this helps.

Best wishes for you my friend.
    thanks buddy