Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Informational answers please. U-application/RFE/DA (OCT NOV DEC 2014 Applicants)

applied 12/02/2014
    bio in early jan 2015
    no news yet.

Applied October 27th 2014
    Biometrics November 2014
    Application stuck with VCS, no news at all

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting View Post
    Applied October 27th 2014
    Biometrics November 2014
    Application stuck with VCS, no news at all

Hi guys, I am updating my post. My lawyer just contacted me 5 mins ago. USCIS has contacted him for RFE. They are asking for proof that I entered the US legally, which is silly, since a copy of my passport with stamp and I-94 showing the last date that I entered the US via US border was already submitted with my initial application. Should I be worried? I do not understand why they are asking for this when they already have this information or what else I could provide to show proof. The only additional information I can think of is to also include a copy of my flight confirmation.

Sorry, our case is dated 06-03-2014

Hi guys, I am updating my post. My lawyer just contacted me 5 mins ago. USCIS has contacted him for RFE. They are asking for proof that I entered the US legally, which is silly, since a copy of my passport with stamp and I-94 showing the last date that I entered the US via US border was already submitted with my initial application. Should I be worried? I do not understand why they are asking for this when they already have this information or what else I could provide to show proof. The only additional information I can think of is to also include a copy of my flight confirmation.
    Just the copy of the passport with the stamp 1-94. If you want you can also include your ticket.

Maviba is correct. and Do not lose hope. you guys are very close to getting DA

Quote Originally Posted by DEC2014 View Post
    applied 12/02/2014
    bio in early jan 2015
    no news yet.
    you are very close to getting DA, you should receive a good news within 4 months or less.

Thanks Maviba and Vish for the positivity. It turns out that my lawyer is an idiot. He totally freaked me out unnecessarily. I finally asked him to send me a copy of my RFE so that I could read it for myself. It turns out that VSC has already reviewed my application and supporting evidence and the ONLY additional evidence that they need is ONLY a clearer copy of my bio page of my passport. I am not sure how my lawyer could have misinterpreted this piece of paper, but he did.

Since that is all that they are requesting, I am hoping to have a positive response from USCIS soon.

Thanks Maviba and Vish for the positivity. It turns out that my lawyer is an idiot. He totally freaked me out unnecessarily. I finally asked him to send me a copy of my RFE so that I could read it for myself. It turns out that VSC has already reviewed my application and supporting evidence and the ONLY additional evidence that they need is ONLY a clearer copy of my bio page of my passport. I am not sure how my lawyer could have misinterpreted this piece of paper, but he did.

Since that is all that they are requesting, I am hoping to have a positive response from USCIS soon.
    WOW, that's quite frustrating. Luckily my attorney is real good. very much informed on U visa. he did successful U visa and then GC for my brother in law and his family and now My U visa. i shall definitely visit him in little over two and half years for my GC application.

Vish can you send me your attorney's contact information when you get a chance via private chat. My lawyer is not good at all. He has given me wrong information on more than one occasions, even going to point of telling sometimes that I no longer qualify for U Visa because he is really uninformed about this whole process. I have had to research USCIS's and DHS's website several times for the correct information and send to him just to show him that he is giving me wrong information. In addition, as a result of this forum's information, I am the one also advicing him on what to do next or status updates as to what months that USCIS is approving applications. He has been no help at all and once I obtain final U visa, i will need to switch lawyers to handle the remaining steps in the process.