Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Changing from L1B to EB1c (greencard) - is it possible?

And this is the testimonial of the Client:
    Background: Before I found Shah Peerally Law Group, PC, I had been seeing a couple of the immigration attorneys. Neither they said "Ah..ah...I think you need to...ah....I need to do some research..." or "you definitely cannot apply for a Green Card because you are under L1B visa". After I went to see Hasan at Shah Peerally Law Group, PC, he had explained to me of his strategic step-by-step how he can help me with my Green Card application which gave me great confidence on his ability to successfully apply the Green Card for me.

My Case: I had been in the States for almost 5 years under L1B visa and is due to depart on Jun 2012 after reaching my L1B visa maximum stay for 5 years. Towards the end of my 5 years' term, the company had decided to sponsor me a Green Card just 2 months before my departure. During this short period of time, Hasan had helped me to prepare my EB1C application and submit to the USCIS. His work is very professional & well organized, and he is very patient and helpful to me when preparing the paperwork especially when he is trying to explain what information I need to provide to him to make me a strong case for the EB1C application.

Recommendation: If any attorneys says you are not qualified to apply for your Green Card under L1B visa, you need to at least talk to Shah or Hasan at Shah Peerally Law Group, PC, Newark, CA, before giving up your hope. They can make your American Dream comes true!
    Hasan Abdullah

Lawyer’s Comment:
    Thanks! I just want to add, the EB1C in this case was approved. Although the L1B category is not congruent to EB1C, it is still possible to go from L1B to EB1C in cases where the L1B candidate *could* have initially entered on L1A status.
    Shah Peerally is an attorney licensed in California practicing immigration law and debt settlement. He has featured as an expert legal ****yst for many TV networks such as NDTV, Times Now and Sitarree TV. Articles about Shah Peerally and his work have appeared on newspapers such as San Jose Mercury News, Oakland Tribune, US Fiji Times, Mauritius Le Quotidien, Movers & Shakers and other prominent international newspapers. His work has been commended by Congress women Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Lee. He has a weekly radio show on KLOK 1170AM and frequently participates in legal clinics in churches, temples and mosques.

For updates follow us onYoutube, Radio, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Shah Peerally Law Group PC deals in immigration law - www.peerallylaw.com and www.immigrationlegalblog.com
    Attorney Shah Peerally also deals in debt settlement. For more information call us on 510.742.5887 and visit us on www.YourDebtSettlementAttorney.com.
    Information provided above is for educational purposes only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. You should consult an attorney to assess your case before proceeding.

I wish I could benefit from this. L1b to GC!

How long you have from the time of entry to file for the EB1c? I have been working for the same company for 8 years. 6 years in India and now 2 years here on H1B, can I file too?

You have to have been working for 1 yr in the past three years for the same company's branch, subsidiary or affiliate. Call us at 510 742 5887
    Shah Peerally is an attorney licensed in California practicing immigration law and debt settlement. He has featured as an expert legal ****yst for many TV networks such as NDTV, Times Now and Sitarree TV. Articles about Shah Peerally and his work have appeared on newspapers such as San Jose Mercury News, Oakland Tribune, US Fiji Times, Mauritius Le Quotidien, Movers & Shakers and other prominent international newspapers. His work has been commended by Congress women Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Lee. He has a weekly radio show on KLOK 1170AM and frequently participates in legal clinics in churches, temples and mosques.

For updates follow us onYoutube, Radio, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Shah Peerally Law Group PC deals in immigration law - www.peerallylaw.com and www.immigrationlegalblog.com
    Attorney Shah Peerally also deals in debt settlement. For more information call us on 510.742.5887 and visit us on www.YourDebtSettlementAttorney.com.
    Information provided above is for educational purposes only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. You should consult an attorney to assess your case before proceeding.

Quote Originally Posted by sanoj View Post
    My friend told me that your law firm has filed an EB1c for him directly from an L1B. I was wondering how easy or difficult is it to do that? Do you need the company to petition for you? How long does it take?
    thank you
    Our Video Answer

Unregistered
    Same situation here.

I just entered the States on L1-B in January. Thus I haven't talked to my company yet I'd like to be informed about the process how to switch/move from L1-B to EB1c or EB2. Is there actually a difference in these categories once one received the Greencard - or will it just be a Greencard without differenciation?

I'm working with my company on home location since 7 years after I graduated with a Bachelor's degree.

Which way would be the easiest solution / fastest possible to retain a US Greencard?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Mr Shah,
    You have been doing a good job on getting the EB1c approved, i wanted to get some inputs from you on my situation.
    first my education
    4 years engineering degree in IT(from India)
    in total 7 years of work experience, out of which 4.5 years with my current employer, and in these 4.5 years i have spend 3 years in india(during this time i made 3 visits to US on B1 visa)
    and have been in US for last 1.5 years on L1B visa.
    from Work perspective, i have been working on managerial related work as well in all this time, my team in india reports to me. By designation wise i am Systems administrator, but i am going to be promoted to Manager next month.

Given this situation, am i eligible for EB1C category or shall i need to work as manager title for another 3 years to be eligible for this category?

Thanks!!

Hi Vikash,

There might be a good chance on EB1c if you were in a managerial capacity for 1 year (in past 3 years) in India and here being employed in a managerial capacity. Please give us a call at 5107425887 and we shall be glad to work on your case.

Thanks

Unregistered

working on usa las 3 years with L1B

Hello everyone, I have been working in USA the last 3 years on a L1B visa, already got an extension for 2 more years. I have been with the same company for almost 9 years, I am an employee with special knowledge working in the oilfield, graduated as a petroleum engineer. Sadly the company is not sponsoring any employees to get a green card, is there any other option for me to get a permanent residence?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hello Shah,

I have entered US on May this year on L1B category. I have been working for my company for around 5+ years in India and have more than 11+ years of experience. Around 1 year back I was promoted to Technical Manager and managing the team since then. Here in US I am on L1B with specialized knowledge and managing offshore team. Am I eligible for EB1 category green card and what are the possibility or if have to continue to work for more time here in US?

Thanks for your time.