Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: My story

  1. #1

    My story

    Ok here we go...some of you might know me.
    I might answer lot of ppl questions here.

    I-918 applied : Jan 14 2014 (receipt)
    Biometrics : Feb 5th 2014
    DA : Jan 9th 2015
    I-765 c14 applied : Jan 12th 2015
    I-765 c14 approved : April 8th 2015
    I-765 c14 renewal applied : Jan 10th 2017
    May 12th 2017 : I-192 denied (status update)
    May 16th 2017 : I-918 U visa approved (received approval notice)
    May 18th 2017 : Received 4 years EAD.
    May 20th 2017 : Got leave sanctioned from work.
    May 26th 2017 : Departed US (trip to india)
    June 6th 2017 : Consular Biometrics (New delhi consulate, india)
    June 7th 2017 : Consular Interview ( 10 mins No questions asked - Approved)
    June 12th 2017 : Received Passport with U1 visa stamp for 4 years.
    June 16th 2017 : Departed India
    June 17th 2017 : Reached US - Chicago ( No question asked at POE ) same day resumed work.
    ---Waiting for my 3 years to complete so i can apply for my Green card but in between i can travel to india as i have visa with multiple entries.

    Just dont lose the hope.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    31
    Wow, glad to hear that. Congrats man, I would do the the same if I ever get my U visa.
    U visa Application date: March 10, 2015
    Biomatrics Done: April 20, 2015
    Waiting for DA.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by krismatters View Post
    Ok here we go...some of you might know me.
    I might answer lot of ppl questions here.

    I-918 applied : Jan 14 2014 (receipt)
    Biometrics : Feb 5th 2014
    DA : Jan 9th 2015
    I-765 c14 applied : Jan 12th 2015
    I-765 c14 approved : April 8th 2015
    I-765 c14 renewal applied : Jan 10th 2017
    May 12th 2017 : I-192 denied (status update)
    May 16th 2017 : I-918 U visa approved (received approval notice)
    May 18th 2017 : Received 4 years EAD.
    May 20th 2017 : Got leave sanctioned from work.
    May 26th 2017 : Departed US (trip to india)
    June 6th 2017 : Consular Biometrics (New delhi consulate, india)
    June 7th 2017 : Consular Interview ( 10 mins No questions asked - Approved)
    June 12th 2017 : Received Passport with U1 visa stamp for 4 years.
    June 16th 2017 : Departed India
    June 17th 2017 : Reached US - Chicago ( No question asked at POE ) same day resumed work.
    ---Waiting for my 3 years to complete so i can apply for my Green card but in between i can travel to india as i have visa with multiple entries.

    Just dont lose the hope.
    Congratulations.
    I'm also about to get approved real soon. I've previously overstayed my Visa. Do you think I might have difficulty to obtain a new visa U1 if I leave before getting Green Card?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    269
    Kongrats Kriss 4

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by csharam.uc View Post
    Congratulations.
    I'm also about to get approved real soon. I've previously overstayed my Visa. Do you think I might have difficulty to obtain a new visa U1 if I leave before getting Green Card?
    If you have filed I-192 you should be good. Remember I-192 waives all grounds of inadmissibility but Nazi.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by krismatters View Post
    If you have filed I-192 you should be good. Remember I-192 waives all grounds of inadmissibility but Nazi.
    Thank you so much for quick reply. I'm also from India (Punjab) and I haven't been back since 2008. I just checked the photocopy of my U Visa application and I don't see the I-192 form in it.
    U visa date is 04-14-2014 and I just renewed my EAD for 2nd time. Is it still possible to send i-192, if yes do you think it might delay my case further? If no what other options are out there after getting U visa approved.
    I can't wait to get Green card which is really 4 more years (with processing time) after the day I get my U Visa. thanks again.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    236
    Fees Were Waived
    On April 14, 2014, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number EAC14xxxxxxxxxx. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 14, 2014, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

    I don't see any form to request fee waiver in my photocopy of Initial U visa application. Do you think my attorney might have filled I-192? I'm planning to go see him this friday.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by csharam.uc View Post
    Fees Were Waived
    On April 14, 2014, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number EAC14xxxxxxxxxx. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 14, 2014, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

    I don't see any form to request fee waiver in my photocopy of Initial U visa application. Do you think my attorney might have filled I-192? I'm planning to go see him this friday.
    Check with your lawyer and make sure if I-192 was filled or not. If not i would file it just to be on safer side.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by krismatters View Post
    Check with your lawyer and make sure if I-192 was filled or not. If not i would file it just to be on safer side.
    Just got off the phone with my attorney. He said no. I saw the form I-192 and I was wondering if you provided them information about Travel Information. Question 12,13,14 & 15 Immigration and Criminal history.
    Also your I-192 was denied?
    Thanks. I'm little worried at the moment.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by csharam.uc View Post
    Just got off the phone with my attorney. He said no. I saw the form I-192 and I was wondering if you provided them information about Travel Information. Question 12,13,14 & 15 Immigration and Criminal history.
    Also your I-192 was denied?
    Thanks. I'm little worried at the moment.
    See heres the thing even i knew i did not violated any laws in the past but i was very much sure that once i will receive my final approval i was going to travel to india. So just keeping that in mind i filled I-192 just so that i dont get any sort of problems going thorugh consular processing and over here at POE.
    Yes you have to fill out the entire application. Mine got denied which did helped me too when i showed that thing to visa interviewer and office at POE where it clearly makes a difference that i havent violated any law and hence they denied my application. I even highlighted that particular lines on my denial letter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •