Thread: U visa for July 2014

U visa for July 2014

I applied for U visa on July 18 2014 with i 918 and 765 file
    Got receipt date July 28,2014
    Got finger print October , 2014
    Lots of inquiry made no response
    Got letter from them, need RFE may 2015
    send the RFE by August, 2015
    Got EAD card with c14 category on march 25, 2016 FOR 2 years exp date on march 2018.
    No DA Letter saying you are on waitlist
    Am I suppose to get U visa approval letter this time or do I need to wait long since I don't get any DA letter saying you are on waitlist.
    Or the EAD card has c14 category act as a Deferred Action letter.
    I see people from October ,2014 has got u visa approved already.
    Any help will be really appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by nayan12 View Post
    I applied for U visa on July 18 2014 with i 918 and 765 file
    Got receipt date July 28,2014
    Got finger print October , 2014
    Lots of inquiry made no response
    Got letter from them, need RFE may 2015
    send the RFE by August, 2015
    Got EAD card with c14 category on march 25, 2016 FOR 2 years exp date on march 2018.
    No DA Letter saying you are on waitlist
    Am I suppose to get U visa approval letter this time or do I need to wait long since I don't get any DA letter saying you are on waitlist.
    Or the EAD card has c14 category act as a Deferred Action letter.
    I see people from October ,2014 has got u visa approved already.
    Any help will be really appreciated
    Same thing happened to me. I'm from April 14 2014. I'm still placed on DA EAD. So I did lot of inquires back in 2015 and at that time the process took 1 year to be placed on waiting list.

So they sent me straight c14 2 years EAD card in April 2015 first. Then after 2 weeks later I got the letter. I just got approved for a renewal petition based off that same EAD card for another 2 year. Still no final U visa.

So at that time. I saved 3-4 months and 380 dollars because they sent me the EAD card straight. Back in the days you never sent c14 DA EAD I-765 along with your full U Visa petition.

I would say you are close to get u visa with in 1 year. But you should renew your DA EAD.

" I see people from October 2014 has got u visa already "
    I am from October 2014, I haven't received even DA. You are sure people have got u visa?

I think last one that I know for u visa April 2014 I don't think so Prince

Exactly Legend, the last known case is from April 01, 2014 then how come someone from October 2014 has received DA + U visa simultaneously. If he received U Visa then why DA 😀?

Yes if you go on to this forum which say U VISA APPROVED June 19, 17. I think the username is jpedro. He is from October, 2014 he has his U VISA approved already this past week not DA. His case has transfer to NSC. If you go on to some other forum. You will see people from 2014, October and august too also has approved U VISA in this June month.

There lot of people from August september and even some July cases there's no way October's aplication got u visa I don't believe that

Yes if you go on to this forum which say U VISA APPROVED June 19, 17. I think the username is jpedro. He is from October, 2014 he has his U VISA approved already this past week not DA. His case has transfer to NSC. If you go on to some other forum. You will see people from 2014, October and august too also has approved U VISA in this June month.
    Nayan, I don't mean to downplay or discredit your argument but I was speaking to one of the senior most and very helpful member of this form. We base our arguments on rationality, authenticated facts and figures and not on posts by some members who don't even remember thier timelines. You joined this group just yesterday, you need to go through whole lot of foras and posts to understand the processing which works in strange ways though. Meanwhile please post your arguments responsibly because there are thousands of applicants in waiting for DA for 3 years and any of the post should not create further confusion, disappointment and frustration in members. Thanks.

Well I have the Same question. How come some people from June - September have not received anything not even work permit but October people got their U Visa. And also sometime, I think may be their case is being processed at Nebraska service center coz they are fast and Vermont service Center is still processing on June case even the date moved from June to August. That's why I called my lawyer. I think the date June 9 to August 25 was moved on June 13, 2017. My lawyer will made an inquiry after July second week. Last time she made lots of inquiries which help me to get RFE and later work permit.

Well I have the Same question. How come some people from June - September have not received anything not even work permit but October people got their U Visa. And also sometime, I think may be their case is being processed at Nebraska service center coz they are fast and Vermont service Center is still processing on June case even the date moved from June to August. That's why I called my lawyer. I think the date June 9 to August 25 was moved on June 13, 2017. My lawyer will made an inquiry after July second week. Last time she made lots of inquiries which help me to get RFE and later work permit.
    This is just his mistake, jpedro havent received u visa yet but DA. I see some people misuse those two things.