Thread: U Visa application receipts

U Visa application receipts

I am filing for a U visa and I want to know if anybody can give me an idea on how long I have to wait before receive the receipts of the applications from the uscis? I am in a need of get back my DL as soon as possible. Thanks to anybody who can help me

Sadly if you applied today you will wait minimum of 3 years just for approval plus maybe another 2-3 years for your U Visa....so between 5-6 years. I applied in June 2015 and so far nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michela View Post
    I am filing for a U visa and I want to know if anybody can give me an idea on how long I have to wait before receive the receipts of the applications from the uscis? I am in a need of get back my DL as soon as possible. Thanks to anybody who can help me
    Back in the days it was about a month. You should get the receipt and also a notice for Fingerprints. So about a month is an estimate. Call the 800 number if you don't get it within 45 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Numericcash View Post
    Sadly if you applied today you will wait minimum of 3 years just for approval plus maybe another 2-3 years for your U Visa....so between 5-6 years. I applied in June 2015 and so far nothing.
    Thank you so much ....I hope in the meantime they will raise the cap or expedite the process.

Thank you so much. I was worried it will take longer than this. I need to renew driver license as soon as possible.

I recommend getting a drivers license in California. It's pretty simple, you don't have to have papers for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Numericcash View Post
    I recommend getting a drivers license in California. It's pretty simple, you don't have to have papers for it.
    I can't get the DL in California I live in Florida. In order to get a DL in California you must have at least one year of residence there!

Quote Originally Posted by Michela View Post
    I can't get the DL in California I live in Florida. In order to get a DL in California you must have at least one year of residence there!
    Get one in Washington ( Seattle) area. No such requirement. If no SSN they verify your house address which could be a day old doesn't matter. You get the license for 5 years