Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long to approve derivative?

How long to approve derivative?

Friends, how long does it take to approve derivative's petition, if I file it after mine is approved. Thanks. Any timelines?

Like a week after

Quote Originally Posted by January2016 View Post
    Friends, how long does it take to approve derivative's petition, if I file it after mine is approved. Thanks. Any timelines?
    Can you elaborate more ? Do you have the U visa already ? Or do your application is in pending aproval ? Or are you in DA status now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    Can you elaborate more ? Do you have the U visa already ? Or do your application is in pending aproval ? Or are you in DA status now ?
    My application is pending and I am planning to get married when I recieve Deffered Action and apply for my husband. How long does it take to approve husband's petition if we apply for him after I recieve DA? Any timlines?

My application is pending and I am planning to get married when I recieve Deffered Action and apply for my husband. How long does it take to approve husband's petition if we apply for him after I recieve DA? Any timlines?
    Can I aplly for my husband with Deffered Action or I need to wait for U Visa?

Can I aplly for my husband with Deffered Action or I need to wait for U Visa?
    Unfortunately, you needed to get married before applying. After you applied, it is my understanding, you cannot add your spouse. But, please consult an attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by maviba View Post
    Unfortunately, you needed to get married before applying. After you applied, it is my understanding, you cannot add your spouse. But, please consult an attorney.
    My lawyer said that I can apply for my husband only after I get a Green Card and then it will take many years until his visa number becomes available. I love this guy and I am abroad and not married yet and want to get married and bring him with me to the U.S. What are my options? He is I.T. engineer
    Should we get married fast and file employment based petition for him for both of us. Please any comments.

Quote Originally Posted by maviba View Post
    Agree with maviba.

Scorpion, does this mean that you were already married when you first filed I-918? Does this mean that even if I get the actual U Visa, I can not apply for my husband until I get a Green Card?

Scorpion, does this mean that you were already married when you first filed I-918? Does this mean that even if I get the actual U Visa, I can not apply for my husband until I get a Green Card?
    You can apply for your husband after getting U visa, not sure yet. Please have an attorney to answer this question.