Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

U visa for 2015 applicant

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt Q
    • Nov 2018

Hello everyone...
    It happened again... As yesterday August 22 2019, Vermont and Nebraska Service centers were processing cases as May 22nd 2015.
    Today, August 23rd it bounced back as April 22nd...

Comment

• Matt Q
      • Nov 2018

Hello everyone...
      It happened again... As yesterday August 22 2019, Vermont and Nebraska Service centers were processing cases as May 22nd 2015.
      Today, August 23rd it bounced back as April 22nd 2015. How is it possible?!?!?!?
      This happened many times!!! I'm sick relying on these USCIS website updates!!! Not reliable at all!!
      Anyone opinions about it?

Comment

• Matt Q
        • Nov 2018

Hello everyone, just a technical question:
        once received the DA (deferred action) and work permit and SSN, can an applicant apply for a travel permit (or Advanced Parole?? ) while he/she is still waiting for the U Visa approval?
        Or, is he/she obligated to stay in the country until receiving the U Visa approval?
        Regards.

Comment

• Matt Q
          • Nov 2018

once received the DA (deferred action) and work permit and SSN, can an applicant apply for a travel permit (or Advanced Parole?? ) while he/she is still waiting for the U Visa approval?
          Or, is he/she obligated to stay in the country until receiving the U Visa approval?
          Regards.

Comment

• immigrationForum1
            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Leah
            Thanks. You have just confirmed my suspicions. I have been saying that USCIS seems to be adjudicating only enough applications to meet the quota. So people on the waitlist are likely to get their u visa in the next fiscal year. Even though it is taking about 4 years to get waitlisted it is about 12 months for the visa after that. That is why the waiting isn’t going down.
            Leah, so how come some people wait on DA for 2 years right now?
            I see different cases currently some say they have waited just 5, 6 months in DA to the actual U, and some say they are still in DA after year and a half or two.

The way I understand it is that they work on some kind of batches.
            First one is 10,000 U Visa approvals for let's say Oct 2014 to Feb 2015.
            Second one is DA approval for Mar 2015 to Jul 2015.

So next fiscal year people from that DA batch will receive the actual U.

Is that a correct overview?

Why some people wait more then a year in DA, many people receive U in just a few months and many people wait for 2 sometimes 3 years on DA?

Comment

• Servais844
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by immigrationForum1
              I see different cases currently some say they have waited just 5, 6 months in DA to the actual U, and some say they are still in DA after year and a half or two.

Why some people wait more then a year in DA, many people receive U in just a few months and many people wait for 2 sometimes 3 years on DA?
              So who’s getting the actual U Visa this fiscal year? What months do you guys think? I’m from April 1 2015 got DA in May 2019 do you think I have a chance this fiscal year?

Comment

• immigrationForum1
                • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Matt Q
                Regards.
                They used to issue Advance Parole to DACA recipients on Deferred Action. They give it just for a period of 5 weeks though. Now I think they give it for even less time frame like 3 days.
                If you have compelling reason supported by evidence you can try.

This is a good question and I suggest you create a new thread for it with the correct Subject name so there are more responses since the topic here is different and no one will notice your question.

Comment

• Nika
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Servais844
                  So who’s getting the actual U Visa this fiscal year? What months do you guys think? I’m from April 1 2015 got DA in May 2019 do you think I have a chance this fiscal year?
                  I believe January - April 2015 but we'll see...

Comment

• Servais844
                    • Mar 2017

I thought January people were already given the U Visa, does anyone knows?

Comment

• Nika
                      • Jan 2017

Yes, many of them, but how can we be sure that they finnished all of them

Comment

• Nika
                        • Jan 2017

Btw, I hope that they finnished

Comment

• rkhan
                          • Jun 2018

hi my friend from January 2015 got her uvisa

Comment

• Singh123
                            • May 2019

Hey Nika, my dates are 3 Feb,2015. I got pre approval on 5th July,2019. It took longer as I am outside USA and had two RFE’s. Do you think I will get my U visa in October, ?

Comment

• Nika
                              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Singh123
                              Hey Nika, my dates are 3 Feb,2015. I got pre approval on 5th July,2019. It took longer as I am outside USA and had two RFE’s. Do you think I will get my U visa in October, ?
                              I think you have a good chance to get your visa in the first quarter of the new Fiscal Year (October-December)

Comment

• Leah
                                • Apr 2018

Originally posted by immigrationForum1

Because the U visas are given on a first in first out basis. It doesn’t matter when you get DA. Example someone got DA because their case was expedited. They applied in 2016. The people who were in DA and applied in 2014 and 2015 still would be given their Visa before that person. Sometimes cases are on hold while there are requests pending. USCIS carry on processing then that case comes back to the top (that is why you see the case date go backwards at times.) and they get DA. That person may only have DA for a month before the new fiscal year. But they are first in line for their U visa. Those are some of the scenarios I have seen but only USCIS can answer the question for certain.

Comment

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...