Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

U-VISA : Has anyone renewed their DA EAD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • csharam.uc
    • Mar 2017

Thanks for the link. I've checked this link and it is the same link I was looking at before. I was able to locate i-765 as a form under missing documents but not under case outside normal time frame. I'm glad you and other people are sharing info and passing out good advice. USCIS is so unorganized when it comes to u-visa that I'm moving to Washington state just so I can get a driving license. All we can do is wait patiently. Could you also share under which category did you file the EAD renewal? My attorney is suggesting me to reapply a new EAD with a19 category.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiscal Year 2018 U Visa Approved
    Application Date - April 14 2014
    DA EAD - April 10 2015
    2nd EAD Application Date - Dec 16 2016
    2nd DA EAD - June 18 2017
    I-918 Approved - Oct 12 2017

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• csharam.uc
      • Mar 2017

Hi thanks for sharing your timeline. So is this the first time you are applying for EAD based on DA or you are applying for renewal? Hopefully you get approved soon because look like you applied before all of us here on this forum.

DA EAD - April 10 2015

Comment

• reddy
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by csharam.uc
        Hi thanks for sharing your timeline. So is this the first time you are applying for EAD based on DA or you are applying for renewal? Hopefully you get approved soon because look like you applied before all of us here on this forum.
        This is the first time I have applied.

My lawyer has started an inquiry she sent out a letter to vsc .It might take 2 weeks to a month to get back the reply.

Comment

• Trump
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by reddy
          U visa application reached uscis : Feb 7 2014
          Fingerprints : March 2014
          DA Approved : March 2015
          Applied for EAD based on DA : November 7 2016

The case status for EAD is still
          " case has received " .

Please let me know what can I do?
          The only thing you can do is wait and have patience , it is taking 6 months right now for the EAD to be processed , sent and be received judging from my experience . If you are enrolled in notifications by the USCIS web site , you will receive the updates . First when they authorize the EAD and order the production of the card and then when is actually mailed to you .

Comment

• Sated2003
            • Feb 2017

I sent renewal application December 27, 2016 n got notice my card was on its way March 18, 2017!

Comment

• Scorpion
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Sated2003
              I sent renewal application December 27, 2016 n got notice my card was on its way March 18, 2017!
              Hi Stated2003,

Congragulations..I am still waiting on my renewal application. I applied on DEC 15,2016. And still waiting. Nothings changed. On USCIS website on my case it says "Your name was updated". Is this something which you had when your case was with them?

Comment

• Sated2003
                • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Scorpion
                Hi Stated2003,

Congragulations..I am still waiting on my renewal application. I applied on DEC 15,2016. And still waiting. Nothings changed. On USCIS website on my case it says "Your name was updated". Is this something which you had when your case was with them?
                No, I didn't have that message: first message was on the18th my card was being produced then on 22nd case approved and we will mail ur card. I received a receipt on 22nd dated march 18th by mail notice of action and I'm bilingual my card will arrive by Monday or Tuesday hopefully! Question, do u get two year permit or one year? I always get one year permit.

Comment

• Scorpion
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Sated2003
                  No, I didn't have that message: first message was on the18th my card was being produced then on 22nd case approved and we will mail ur card. I received a receipt on 22nd dated march 18th by mail notice of action and I'm bilingual my card will arrive by Monday or Tuesday hopefully! Question, do u get two year permit or one year? I always get one year permit.
                  I don`t know what is going on..my application date is 15th December, 2016 and still it is pending. I got my EAD for 2 years under DA. I am not sure why are you getting for only 1 year. But still you are good. Best of luck.

Comment

• Bob
                    • Jul 2016

I don`t know what is going on..my application date is 15th December, 2016 and still it is pending. I got my EAD for 2 years under DA. I am not sure why are you getting for only 1 year. But still you are good. Best of luck.
                    I dont understand here, some ppl waiting 1 year to get DA some 2 ? There is no acctual time frame how much u need to be put on wait list as i see ?

Comment

• Scorpion
                      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Bob
                      I dont understand here, some ppl waiting 1 year to get DA some 2 ? There is no acctual time frame how much u need to be put on wait list as i see ?
                      Hey Bob,

Wait time to get DA is depends on the number of applications. As in 2014 there were less applications compared to 2015 or 2016 and so on. So I had to wait 1 year to get DA as I applied in 2014. get my point?
                      But now the problem is with EAD (Employment Authorization Document) renewal. I am been waiting since DEC 15, 2016 and yet not received it. And current EAD is about to expire and with that my DL will expire. Some who applied after my date are getting EAD renewed.

Comment

• Bob
                        • Jul 2016

Hey Bob,

Wait time to get DA is depends on the number of applications. As in 2014 there were less applications compared to 2015 or 2016 and so on. So I had to wait 1 year to get DA as I applied in 2014. get my point?
                        But now the problem is with EAD (Employment Authorization Document) renewal. I am been waiting since DEC 15, 2016 and yet not received it. And current EAD is about to expire and with that my DL will expire. Some who applied after my date are getting EAD renewed.
                        oh... this is a mess as i see, luck only

Comment

• csharam.uc
                          • Mar 2017

Hey Bob,

Hi
                          Did you find out anything about your renewal appication in your e-request response from USCIS?
                          Thanks

DA EAD - April 10 2015

Comment

• Scorpion
                            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by csharam.uc
                            Hi
                            Did you find out anything about your renewal appication in your e-request response from USCIS?
                            Thanks
                            Hi,

I received U visa approval on March 22nd, 2017. They will send me EAD shortly.

Comment

• Leo85
                              • Mar 2017

Hi everyone here is my timeline
                              U visa apply march 28 2014
                              Deferred action march 30 2015
                              I got my work authorization card for two years
                              May 17th 2015 to may 17th 2017
                              So it's about to expire
                              I apply to renew my work permit in February 2017 I didn't get nothing not even receipt from uscis I don't know what's going on

Comment

• csharam.uc
                                • Mar 2017

Hi,

I received U visa approval on March 22nd, 2017. They will send me EAD shortly.
                                No ****.. Congratulations.. Wow. This is the best news I've heard this whole year. Your timeline is kind of close to mine. Lol Hopefully I get the good news soon with in this year (April 2014 here). I know you don't need to worry about anything else now..lol. For your DA EAD renewal application, the response to your e-request was a straight u-visa or did they send you a letter of some sort? Thanks man.

DA EAD - April 10 2015

Comment

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...