Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Is stamping required?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pallav29
    • Mar 2017

Is stamping required?

Hi Team,

Below is my Case:

1) First Day of Entry into US :
    Stamped visa employer : YYY
    Visa Expiry date: XX August , 2017
    Original i94 expiry: xx August, 2017

2) Transferred H1B, got approval notice in Aug 2016. The i94 number in the approved petition matched with my original i94 but the expiry date of the new one is till 2018 as shown below
    New petition employer: ZZ
    New i94 expiry: XX December, 2018

3) Trip to India in Sep 2016, entered US based on the old employers visa ( as shown in step 1) as I couldn't go for stamping.
    New i94 expiry: XX August , 2017

Today, I noticed that my H1 Visa ( as in step 1) by my previous employer is revoked. The website mentions "On March XX, 2016, we revoked the approval of your case, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a revocation notice. "

Below are my questions:

1. Since my previous employer visa is revoked, is it still legal for me to stay here in US ?
    2. Does my latest i94 override the i94 on the approved petition ?
    3. If I plan to go India now, Do I need to get my Visa Stamped?
    4. Looking in current scenario, where a lot of people are getting 221g , should I prefer Dropbox or interview?
    5. In the worst case if I get 221g, what is the maximum time for which I have to wait In India?
    6. Can I still go to India and return back before August 2017 without getting my Visa Stamped(using my older employer visa)? What will happen if I am caught at port of entry since my employer is changed?
    7. Is it advisable to go India this time?
    8. Which documents I need to take with me when going to India

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...