U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has posted additional data about the agency’s employment-based visa programs on its website. This new information reflects USCIS’ commitment to transparency in carrying out President Trump’s Buy American and Hire American Executive Order.
Datasets now available on the webpage include:
- Approved L-1 Petitions by Employer, FY2015 (PDF, 11.40 MB)
- Approved L-1 Petitions by Employer, FY2016 (PDF, 11.97 MB)
H-1B Datasets: The H-1B program allows U.S. companies to temporarily hire foreign workers who will perform services in a specialty occupation.
- Characteristics of Specialty Occupation Workers (H-1B) Fiscal Year 2016 (PDF, 3.03 MB)
- H-1B Trends: 2007 to 2017 (PDF, 100 KB)
- Approved H-1B Petitions by Employer, FY2015 (PDF, 13.40 MB)
- Approved H-1B Petitions by Employer, FY2016 (PDF, 13.82 MB)
H-2B Dataset: The H-2B program allows employers to hire foreign workers to fill temporary nonagricultural jobs when U. S. workers are not available. The below dataset applies to the one-time increase in H-2B visas for FY 2017.
- H-2B Supplemental Cap Number of Petitions and Beneficiaries by Job Code July 19-Aug. 11, 2017 (PDF, 266 KB)
Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Reports: EADs provide proof that certain foreign nationals are eligible to work in the United States for a specified period of time.
- EADs by Classification and Statutory Eligibility, Oct. 1, 2012 – June 29, 2017 (PDF, 110 KB)
- EADs by Classification and Basis for Eligibility, Oct. 1, 2012 – June 29, 2017 (PDF, 116 KB)
USCIS continues to consider a combination of rulemaking, policy memoranda, and operational changes to protect the economic interests of U.S. workers, and to prevent fraud and abuse within the immigration system.
The Buy American, Hire American webpage also includes a new USCIS policy issued to support the initiative and ways the public can report fraud and abuse in the H-1B and H-2B programs. The page also provides information on E-Verify, which is a USCIS tool available to help employers verify the work eligibility of new employees.