This has been updated on the DOS website as per June 23, 2015
Visa Systems Issues
- The Bureau of Consular Affairs reports that the database responsible for handling biometric clearances has been rebuilt and is being tested. 39 posts, representing more than two-thirds of our normal capacity, are now online and issuing visas. We are working to restore full biometric data processing.
- We issued more than 45,000 visas yesterday. Beijing alone issued nearly 15,000 visas.
- Our team continues to work 24/7 to restore the systems to full functionality.
- We will continue to bring additional posts online until connectivity with all posts is restored.
- We deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers waiting for visas.
- We continue to post updates to our website, travel.state.gov.